Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Eighty four

Gracie and I went to the park again today, but we went to the "rainbow" park as Gracie calls it because there is a rainbow painted there. Anyway, I am pushing her on the tire swing when an Asian girl comes running onto the playground. Gracie says, "she's Chinese like me mama!" I said, "I don't know if she is Chinese." Gracie says, "Yes mama she is Chinese." And Gracie jumps off the swing to go and play with this little girl. So her mother and I start talking and the little girls mother says to me, "she looks Chinese." I said, "She is." So we continue talking and ends up she teaches Mandarin at the Chinese school where we were going to enroll Gracie for language school. She has offered to tutor Gracie at our home once a week! Yea, and now Gracie has a great new playmate too!

1 comment: