Sunday, January 4, 2009

Three

Yes, I am a day late with this post, but in my defense, I was in the car all day yesterday. I drove all by myself with three children 1,167 miles :D We were in the car for 19 hours! The kids were all so very very good. I guess we all just wanted to get home. I had a lot of thinking time while I was driving. I have new ideas for the house and how I'm going to rearrange the furniture and reorganize and things I'm going to get rid of. I thought of my New Years resolutions and how I can really concentrate on them. One is to be a better wife. I'm going to really go the extra mile for my marriage. I think the result will be positive not only for me, but Troy and our children. I thought a lot about my mother and how I could possibly help her. I feel helpless in that situation. My Mom really needs me now, but there is really no way I can be near her right now because of Troy and the kids. I'm really torn. She is coming to stay with us in three weeks so that makes me happy :D Hopefully she will begin to feel better and her doctors will actually help her.


This photo brought a great sense of relief for me. Although not a great photo, as I didn't take the time to pull out my tripod, it still makes me smile. It is Exit 1 on I-10 coming into Texas! It meant we were almost home and that we could get out of that bloody car soon! The common cries of "I'm hungry," "I have to go potty," and "oops, I spilt..." would be over soon! I also realized yesterday that I could never be a truck driver!


No comments:

Post a Comment